Corporate Safety Director
Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, commercial electrical and/or construction safety management skills to use building hospitality, healthcare, industrial, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Guarantee Electrical Company is currently seeking a Corporate Safety Director to be based in our corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. We are focused on client results through innovation and experience. Come join our award-winning team!
At a Corporate level, this person will plan, implement, create, evaluate, coordinate and oversee the health, safety and environmental management systems towards accident prevention and the control of environmental hazards through an established health, safety and environmental program designed to comply with appropriate federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
Administrative controls such as mandatory recordkeeping, reporting, auditing and insurance interaction will be required of this position.
- Manages the Safety department.
- Oversee administration of all health and safety programs.
- Conduct surveys, audits, investigations, and gather information and data as required.
- Develop annual goals and strategic initiatives that are measurable and accountable.
- Take personal ownership and responsibility for protecting people from harm, and for developing strategies that drive performance and support continuous improvement.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and regulations including, but not limited to Federal and State OSHA, EPA and company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and administer company policies and procedures concerning health, safety and environmental program implementation.
- Define responsibilities at each level of safety leadership and assure consistent interpretation and implementation.
- Initiate and maintain safety awareness programs to improve employee-owner and sub-contractor awareness.
- Provide guidance to project management through interpretation of the company/owner/regulatory requirements.
- Maintain professional relationship with employees, safety representatives, the safety and health community in the area, and project management.
- Properly conduct and document investigations of project accidents and incidents.
- Maintain records, reports and documents that are required to meet corporate, client or regulatory requirements.
- Administer a project management/safety orientation.
- Analyze safety concerns and recommend solution to those concerns.
- Maintain proper documentation on safety violations.
- Work with operations leaders during pre-construction activities to ensure safe execution of work.
- Monitor Subcontractor compliance.
- Incident management & severity mitigation.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and commercial electrical and/or construction experience.
- Recognized certification as a Safety Professional i.e., CSP, ASP, CHST
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in the management of safety and health processes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ management level experience.
- Commercial Construction experience preferred.
- Some travel required.
- Must have good communication skills in both verbal and written.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. Each member of the Guarantee team is an essential partner in building our successful future. Guarantee offers a challenging career path, a competitive salary, and benefits package, plus an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), which is 100% company-funded.
Guarantee Electrical Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Guarantee Electrical Company:
“Many Strengths. One Guarantee.” starts with our team members. Guarantee Electrical Company attracts individuals whose talents strengthen our team and fulfill our mission of providing electrical and communication services that exceed our customer’s requirements and expectations. We value and encourage innovation, and we reward performance, contributions and professional success.
Check us out at and apply today: www.geco.com